Information for Visitors
Excerpts from WesternU’s “Visitors to Campus” Policy and Procedure:
- Campus visitors must have an academic or otherwise legitimate purpose to visit campus. Legitimate purposes include but are not limited to scheduled meetings with WesternU administration, specific staff or faculty, or a specific department; attendance at a WesternU-sanctioned event or an “open house”; or a scheduled guest-speaking/lecturing commitment.
- WesternU Campus Security and/or campus administration may require a visitor to identify the academic or otherwise legitimate purpose associated with his/her visit and may request presentation of a valid form of identification. Failure to provide a legitimate purpose for visiting campus or to provide a valid form of identification will prohibit the visitor’s access to campus.
- Access for visitors is limited to regular campus business hours or to the hours of a specified WesternU-sanctioned event.
All visitors must abide by WesternU policies, procedures, and rules, including rules governing employee and student conduct.
Guests must be signed in by the WesternU student who will be their host while they are visiting. The host must present his or her current WesternU ID badge when signing in their guest, and the guest must present an acceptable form of identification and legibly sign the guest log at the Campus Security/Visitors Center desk [University Services Center]. The host must accompany his or her guest at all times while in campus facilities.
Persons without a current WesternU ID badge or Guest Badge will not be admitted, with the exception of the following:
- Faculty and students from other affiliated academic institutions, through agreements such as IEALC and SCELC, wishing to use the Pumerantz Library/Pumerantz Learning Center (PLC) will be required to show a current photo ID from their school and sign in. If the faculty or student member’s school ID is not a photo ID, a supplemental acceptable form of identification, e.g., state issued driver license, must be shown along with the school ID.
- Library Signature Card
- Required in order to borrow select materials from the circulation collection
- Annual fee of $100.00 (cost subject to change)
- Loan Period
- Maximum of 3 items for a 2-week period
- 1 renewal as long as there are no holds on the item
- Wireless guest access is available: Instructions on how to connect
- Reporting issues: please notify TechSupport at 909-469-5432 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference librarians are available to help answer limited research questions of no longer than 20 minutes in length
- Research help beyond 20 minutes in length and/or more in-depth in nature is available for a fee of up to $50 per hour
- Contact Reference at email@example.com
- Printing Services:
- Printer available on the Basement floor
- To set up a guest printing account: Visit the library services desk on the 1st floor or contact Circulation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-469-5323
Food and Drinks
Library food and drink area, with microwaves, is available on the first floor.